iCloud sync issues
If you want to connect your devices to your iCloud in MoneyStats, then everything should normally be seamlessly transferred to your private or shared iCloud database. Furthermore, your device should then appear in the device list under More / Settings / Synchronization. In some cases, however, you might notice your data isn’t syncing properly as it should or your device is not shown correctly in the device list.
Note: Please note that the iCloud synchronization has basically nothing to do with the iCloud Drive and that this is a different iCloud service.
Occasional iCloud service failures are more common than you think as there are many different iCloud services in force. Since such connection problems can have different causes, I have put together a number of suggestions for you:
- Check your Internet connection. Believe it or not, we’ve seen a few iCloud sync issues on devices where Wi-Fi was disabled, sluggish, or unstable!
- Check your iCloud storage. Try freeing up your iCloud storage anyway and see if the issue is resolved.
- Force-quit the app (on iOS/iPadOS or macOS) and relaunch it.
- Update your MoneyStats version.
- Update your iOS/iPadOS version, and/or macOS version.
- Restart your devices to restart the iCloud service.
- Check that you’ve set up iCloud sync on all your devices correctly. In the settings of your device please open your iCloud settings (under Apple ID / iCloud) and enable iCloud, iCloud Drive and MoneyStats to your iCloud services.
- Log out of your iCloud account and log back in (the button at the bottom).
- Turn off iCloud Private Relay (iPadOS 15 & iOS 15.1).
- Disable content-blocking or network-security apps, like AdGuard, Eero Secure. Furthermore, disbale any time limitations or app limits in the Screen Time App.
- Finally, please create a backup of your MoneyStats data (under More / Settings / Backups). Then click on „Reset iCloud“ to empty your MoneyStats iCloud database (under More / Settings / Synchronization) and retry to add your device to the list (plus in the top right corner).
Hopefully this will help you to fix the cause! Most of the time, these problems are only temporary failures, so the problem can be resolved the next day.